Things have been really busy lately, so I apologize that this blog post will probably be a little lengthy. :-)
While we were at my mom's house on the 12th of October, my brother snapped a picture of Daniel and I. Looking through my old photos I realized, this is the first picture of us as a couple since January of 2006. The only other pictures we've been in together were when we took some family pictures with my in-laws at the park. We didn't think to have pictures taken of just our family while we were at it, though.
| From 2008_10_12 |
In case you can't read Daniel's t-shirt, here's a picture of it. It's his new favorite shirt. :-)
Kaiana has learned to climb the stairs. She started doing it on the 27th of October. She's so proud of herself for learning how! I don't really like her new skill, but it is cute to watch her. Our railing doesn't really work for a baby gate, so we've been blocking off the stairs with an overturned chair. It works so far! She climbs up really well, but hasn't been interested in learning how to climb down. It will be a huge relief once she learns that!
Caleb has decided that naps just aren't for him anymore. I miss naptime. He usually does just fine without them, so I guess he really is getting old enough not to need them anymore. Every once in a while, though, something like this happens:
| From 2008_10_23 |
The poor kid just couldn't keep his eyes open!
Daniel decided to shave on October 29th. I was pretty excited. He's handsome with the beard, but I still prefer him clean-shaven. Kaiana was a little unsure of him at first, but decided that Beardless Daddy was still good. She kept reaching out to touch his face as if she couldn't believe it was really gone. As soon as Caleb saw Daniel, he said, "Where is your beard?" I said, "It's in the trash." Caleb replied, "You need to go get a new one!" He continues to insist that Daddy needs a beard and moustache, and it's just not right that he doesn't have them anymore.
| From 2008_10_29 |
Kaiana thinks that Daniel's shoes belong to her. If he isn't wearing them, she always races over to play with them. Caleb was fascinated by them, too. He would wear my shoes sometimes, but they weren't nearly as exciting as Daddy's boots!
| From 2008_10_30 |
Halloween really snuck up on us this year. Luckily, I'd found costumes at the thrift store, so the children were prepared. Kaiana was a pink leopard and Caleb was a pirate. I'd been planning to make a SuperWHY! costume for Caleb, but didn't end up getting around to it early enough, so we just bought a costume. Caleb was really happy with it.
| From 2008_10_31 |
| From 2008_10_31 |
I've been keeping busy job hunting the last few weeks. Daniel and I talked it over and decided that he needs to focus more on school until he graduates, so I'm finding work so that he can quit his job. I've applied lots of places and sent in tons of resumes and cover letters. I'm hoping to get some interviews soon. I feel really confident that I will be a good employee. The hard part is getting employers to look past the fact that I've been unemployed for the last 4 years. :-) If anyone local knows about any job opportunities, I'd love some recommendations.
One of Daniel's instructors invited him to take a special independent study class next semester. It's only offered to students who have proven themselves to be exceptional at computer programming. He got to choose a project to work on, and will be developing a calendar program. He said that students have been working on this program for 7 years (I think... unless it was 9) and it is pretty in-depth. Hopefully he will finish it off. He's pretty excited about it. He chose this particular project because it will teach him new things, but he doesn't think it will be such a stretch that he'll have trouble accomplishing it.
Kaiana is loving real food now. For a while there she'd eat barely any of it, but now she's really coming into her own. She eats pretty much anything I'm willing to give her, including shredded meat and broccoli. She's developing her pincer grasp pretty well, too. I love it when my children learn to feed themselves. :-) Here she is eating one of her favorite foods: Otter Pop!
| From blog stuff |
She loves getting cleaned up, because she thinks washcloths are some of the greatest inventions ever made.
| From blog stuff |
Well, thanks for reading my novel of a blogpost!
5 comments:
Nice post. Especially the part about Daniel shaving his beard--my vote is for clean-shaven as well. Did he shave it because of a bet about the presidential election maybe?
Kaiana has the prettiest blue eyes! I concur with Steven on the clean-shaven thing ;) Good luck finding a job!
lol, no, Daniel shaved before the election. :-) Besides, even though we both voted for McCain, we've known for a few months that Obama would take the nomination.
I think kids are silly for outgrowing naps. Wish I could take one everyday after lunch!
I like the clean-shaven look, too. As if my opinion matters, but I thought I'd share.
K's eyes in that otter-pop pic are stunning!!!
Wish I could help you in your job hunt. But I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment