Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Caleb's Birthday and the end of March

There's something wrong with the fonts on this post, but I played with it for a while and decided I just didn't care. I hope you enjoy the erratic font changes. :-)

Well, Caleb’s birthday turned out to be a lot of fun. He’d been asking to go bowling, so we got together with Daniel’s sisters and we all took a trip down to the bowling alley. All of the adults used a normal bowling lane, and Caleb and his two teenage aunts used one with bumpers. Jane bowled the best out of any of us, and she really didn’t use the bumpers more than once or twice. It was her first time to go bowling, so we were all very impressed. I think she got a score in the 120 range, which is pretty good in my book. ;-)

Jane and Caleb helped me decorate his cupcakes. Here are the ones that I did:

Caleb specifically requested these, but it was kind of funny because he called them “Spider Cupcakes”. I showed him some actual spider cupcakes, but he wanted these instead. Jane and Caleb decorated according to their own preferences. Here are Caleb’s cupcakes


And these are Jane’s:


Daniel’s parents came to party with us that evening, and both children had a lot of fun opening gifts. Kaiana’s favorite is her little pink stroller. We still haven’t convinced her that it’s for baby dolls rather than her. :-)


I gave Caleb an apron and promised to let him help me cook on a regular basis, and he;s been pretty happy about that. Anytime that I’m cooking, he asks to help. He loves helping me measure ingredients and dump them into bowls. He also really enjoys stirring, but I find that to be a little less helpful because he gets a llittle over-exuberant about it. In this picture he’s playing a memory game that Jane made for him. You match up the capital letters with the lowercase ones.



Work has been… interesting. I was pretty excited a couple of weeks ago because I got a promotion of sorts. I was made a “floorwalker” which means that rather than being on the phones, I would answer other people’s questions. It was really nice because I don’t really enjoy being on the phones. The other representatives are a lot nicer than some of the people who call in. ;-) There was no increase in pay, but I figured that better working conditions constitutes a promotion. Unfortunately, they decided to reduce the size of our department (they didn’t fire people, just transferred them. Rather than taking care of prescriptions, they are training to help with cell phone questions.) which means that we need everyone on the phones again. The team leads have told me that they’re pushing to be able to continue having floorwalkers but so far they’ve been turned down.

I also got a letter in the mail congratulating me on being a “Top Performer” for the company. I got a little pin that identifies me a top performer. I would rather have a monetary bonus, but I guess a pin will do. :-)


Caleb’s been really funny lately. It’s really amusing to see what he picks up on. The other day we were in the car driving home from my parents’ house and he said, “Kaiana is pretending to be Sarah!” I didn’t really think anything of it until we got home and I realized that she’d fallen asleep. My sister, Sarah, is often asleep when we go to visit and apparently Caleb had picked up on that.

Caleb has also been really into being like Daddy. On March 21st, Daniel told him to get dressed, and he came out like this:


Yes, those are his father’s pants. :-)


Last week, Caleb had been playing in the backyard and all of a sudden he came racing into the house. He yelled, “Mommy! Mommy! I found a love you leaf!” Here’s a picture of what he was holding:


Daniel's brother, Nathan, got married on March 24th. Daniel flew up to Boise for the wedding, and then on the 25th, Nathan and Quincey joined Daniel on the flight home so that everyone in Arizona could meet Quincey. I was sure glad to have Daniel back home, and it was really fun to get to know Quincey. She and Nathan will be living up in Oregon, so we were glad to get the short visit.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on the pseudo promotion. I knew you'd be taking over the company soon ;-). Tell Caleb happy b-day for us. I can't believe he'll start Kindergarten next year. Whoa.

Stacy said...

i like caleb's "love you" leaf. That is too cute!

hopefully you will be able to get off the phones again soon at work :)being a floor walker sounds much more fun.

Lash Family said...

Your baby is getting so big! It has been so long since we have seen you guys. We need to get together.