I interviewed for a trainer position at work 2 weeks ago. I've pretty much known since last Thursday that I was getting the position, but I haven't been officially offered the job yet. I found out today that it has to be approved by one more person before I can officially get the offer, but once I accept it will be back-dated to Monday the 10th and the pay increase will be effective from that date. Now I just want to know what the pay increase is. ;-)
I've been filling in for the trainer this week because he is on a business trip. He will be teaching classes to new hires starting in early September and I'll be responsible for keeping track of the continuing training for all of the current employees. We have training scheduled for 1/2 an hour once a week and so this week I've been setting up people's training and keeping track of what they've accomplished. It's gotten me off of the phones for 1 1/2 hours every day, which has been nice. Once I get the position, I won't have phone time anymore.
I also was involved in a focus group with the new President of HR for the company. She's visiting all of the locations to do discussions with employees to find out what we like about the company and what we would change. It was an interesting experience and she was really personable.
I've also gotten two awards this month. I was chosen as employee of the month for my department. I don't get anything for it except recognition and a certificate with my picture and comments from all of the team leads and management about how wonderful I am. lol It's nice to be recognized, though.
I was also awarded my MAGIC mastery. (If you don't know what that is, look down a couple of posts for the one titled "It's MAGIC!" and I explain it there.) I'm the first US representative to be awarded the mastery. The reps in the Philippines were trained in it about 6 months ago, but the US reps only started in the last couple of months. I was awarded a nice certificate and they put some balloons on my phone so that everyone knew I has done something good. One of my coworkers suggested that it would have been better to give me a cauldron and a magic wand... I think that would have been awesome.
Daniel and the children have been having a lot of fun this summer. I bought Caleb some water guns and he really enjoys playing with them. Here are a couple of pictures and he and Daniel on the day I bought them.
Kaiana is sleeping in a real bed now. She likes the freedom it gives her, even if she doesn't get quite as much sleep now. Caleb loves it too because it's just a mattress on the floor so we let him jump on the bed. Kaiana's trying to learn how to jump, but hasn't been particularly successful yet. She's talking a lot, too. She says "Thank you" really well, and "I love you". She call most people "Daddy", so we're still working on that one.
Caleb loves riding his bike and he's really skilled at it now. He and Kaiana both like swimming, too. I didn't get Caleb in lessons this year, but he likes playing in our pool. Caleb did gymnastics this summer and had a lot of fun.
I probably have a lot more to say, but I'm not coming up with anything. I guess that's what I get for waiting so long to post. :-)
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment