I just got my early ballot in the mail for the primary elections, so I've been checking out everyone's websites, trying to decide who to vote for (I get to actually vote in 2 races, none of the other races have more candidates than slots available.) While reading up on the candidates for Corporation Comissioner, I've come to the conclusion that it must not matter who I vote for, because apparently they will all do exactly the same things. I figure that has to be true, because every website says the exact same thing. "I will lower water usage... I will protect ratepayers... yada, yada, yada." I think it would really help candidates if they would try and make themselves stand out a little, but apparently that's not what the people want. :-)
I prefer real elections to primaries, because there you get to vote in issues. Propositions are so cut and dried. You read it and say, "Oh, that makes sense! I want that to happen!" or "Oh, that's a bad idea... Who ever thought that was intelligent?" But with people, it's so much harder! First, you have to glean from minuscule amounts of information what they actually plan to do, but you can't trust that they will really do what they say they will anyway. Also, the more campaigning I see, the less I tend to like the candidates. :-)
To take a break from politics, I decided to look for a personality quiz online (I think they're fun. :-D) I found a Disney Princess personality quiz, and here are my results:
According to the answers you have just chosen you are most like the Disney Princess Belle.
Belle is as lovely as her name implies but her natural unaffected beauty is far more than skin deep. An intelligent and avid reader Belle yearns for faraway places and exciting adventures. She is a loyal, loving daughter and when the beast finally wins her trust she gives him all her kindness and patience and then realizes she has also given him her heart. With her inner strength and outward beauty, Belle is a young woman who can and does make things happen.
Belle has always been my favorite Disney Princess (it may have something to do with how she spends all of her time reading... :-D) so that turned out rather well.
11 years ago
4 comments:
I don't know who to vote for either! Especially in the general presidential election. Let me know who you decide on, and I'll copy you (j/k) :)
Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm voting for you as a write-in candidate. :-)
haha, I'd vote for Steven! I took one of those Disney quizzes once, and I think I was Ariel.
Supposedly ever since women got the right to vote, the better looking candidate has always won, so Steven would be a shoe-in there! (Of course, I have to kind of wonder who it is that decides who the better looking candidate is, and if they decide that before or after the election...)
Post a Comment