Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Hi, Dad!"

Kaiana has been working on talking lately, and this morning she distinctly said, "Hi, Dad!" 7 or 8 times. She said it to Daniel, Caleb and me. So while she doesn't know who Dad is, she's excited to see him! And yes, we know that she's not really talking, but it she's getting good at repeating sounds anyway!

Kaiana is now really crawling, too. No more tummy scooting, she's on her way. She's also pulling up on furniture. Every once in a while she remembers how to get down without hurting herself, too.

Caleb is fully potty-trained now. He isn't even wetting the bed at night! We didn't let him sleep in underwear until we bought a plastic cover for his bed, but so far we haven't had to worry about it. We drove past Costco today and I said excitedly to Daniel, "Just think, we don't have to buy diapers there anymore!" (Since Kaiana is in cloth, of course.)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yay! You are environmentally friendly now! I'm jealous that you don't have to put a pull up on Caleb at night. Not that Paul wants me talking about his personal life, but he needs one about every other night.

Stacy said...

Wow, Kaiana is an early talker!

Her Royal Highness said...

What fun news! I wish I wasn't buying diapers or pull-ups anymore. *sigh* Another 3 years at least. And what's worse, my 6-yo STILL needs a pull-up at night! He's just a heavy sleeper, or SOMETHING! So that's 3!!! THREE!!!
And in 4 months it will be FOUR!!!!
But yay for you! :D

The Carpenters said...

That's so great that Caleb stays dry even at night. And I'm very impressed with Kaiana's talking skills!