Potty training has taken some good steps forward in the last few weeks. We've decided to go for the shameless bribery method, and it seems to be working. For every 5 times Caleb uses the toilet, he gets to blow bubbles, for every 10 times he gets an ice cream cone, 20 times he gets to buy a book, and at 40 he gets to go to the zoo. He just earned his first book today. The hard part is that if we spend time away from home, he has to wear a diaper because he's not reliable enough to go out in underwear yet, but being in a diaper makes him lazy. I guess we just need a solid week where we don't go anywhere, but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.
I'm getting a job of sorts. A friend of a friend needs help with filing work, so she's hiring me to come over and do it. The nice thing is that she's really flexible, so I can come when it's convenient. I will probably do 2 evenings a week and Saturday afternoons. I don't know how much work she has for me, so we'll see how long-lasting this job is, but it should be fun. She sounds really nice. Tonight will be my first night of work. I'm kind of fretting over leaving Kaiana because she's been really clingy lately, but it will be good for her.
Nathan, Daniel's brother, just called with exciting news yesterday. He's engaged. His fiancee's name is Quincey. She sounds like a lot of fun. They're planning to be married March 27th, 2009 in the Boise, Idaho temple.
11 years ago
4 comments:
I like your potty method a LOT. Paul's was chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. . . LOL. Now, to keep it at a maintenance level (he doesn't think it's important if there is no real reward- still) it's every thirty stars he gets to play "Portals" on the computer! Good luck- I'm sure it will go fast while the excitement is on.
Also, that's exciting about your job. Yay!
Your new job sounds fun! I remember when my little brother was potty training, my mom used to have a bag full of dollar store toys in all the bathrooms, and he got to pick one out whenever he went #2 :) Bribery really does work. It made me a bit jealous, though, lol.
Don't feel bad about the bribery. It's how it gets done.
Yay for your new job!!! A little time away from home and a little money on the side. It's a win-win in my book!
Solid Week? Never going to happen :)
Sounds like you have a good way for spare change. That's always nice, it'll pay for caleb's book.
Post a Comment