Sunday, July 27, 2008

Imaginary Friends and Reid Park

Caleb has two imaginary friends now. They are named Christopher and Sammy. Christopher is someone imaginary that he plays with, but he often pretends to be Sammy. Sometimes he'll ask questions, and when I answer them he says, "No, Mommy! I was talking to Christopher!" So far his imaginary friends don't clean up the house like mine used to. We'll have to see if they pick up that trait. :-)

We finally got out of the house to go play with friends on Saturday. We were going to go Friday night, but a storm hit right before we left. My friend Joyce and her kids Michael, Gabriel and Joseph were already on their way to Reid Park, so we were going to drive over there and invite them to hang out at our place. Our plans changed, though, because our parking lot was completely flooded. There were actually children swimming in some of the lower sections of the parking lot. The storm was really bad; an 8 year old boy was hit by lightning at Reid Park and was killed. It made us really grateful that we decided to stay home, but we feel so sorry for his family.

On Saturday night, we tried again and there was no storm to slow us down. I didn't bring the camera, so no pictures, but it was a lot of fun. I think we need to hit up Reid Park more often, because it has more exciting playground equipment than most parks, and more strategically located benches for me!

2 comments:

Lash Family said...

I love Ried Park. We have year passes to the zoo. We should go some time when it gets cooler.

Lisa said...

That would be fun! We love the zoo. I wish it were open in the evenings during the summer so that we could enjoy it!