Friday, September 5, 2008

6 months old!

Friday was my dad's birthday, and Kaiana's half birthday. (Yes, of course we planned it that way! :-D) She got her first taste of solid food this afternoon. It was just rice, so not very exciting, but she seemed pretty happy about it! She kind of pulled a funny face at the first bite, but went on to eat most of it, so I guess it was a hit.


















Kaiana's working hard at crawling. She can scoot forward a little bit, and she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth, so we think she's getting close. I tried to get some pictures of her doing it, but she wouldn't perform for the camera.















Daniel says that I need to have pictures of myself on the blog (we have very few of them in general because I'm the photographer of the family :-D) so here's one of me with the kids. :-)

5 comments:

Trish Olsen said...

how fun shes sooooo stinking cute. Morgans 6 1/2 months old. When was she born? Are you still doing cloth diapers? BTW home made babyfood is ALOT cheaper to do that store bought

Lisa said...

Thanks. :-) She was born March 5th. So Morgan was born mid-February?

Yup, we're still cloth diapering. I'm really liking it. It really is a lot nicer than disposables! lol

I'm planning to make baby food for her (I was actually reading your baby food blog the other day) but I didn't feel industrious enough to make my own rice cereal the other day, especially when I had a coupon to make it dirt cheap. :-)

I'm mostly planning to just mush up the food we eat and give it to her that way, but I'm going to have to do real pureeing for a while yet. Is Morgan sitting up by herself yet? Kaiana can do it for a few minutes, but then she falls over. :-)

Stacy said...

I love how Caleb poses for the pictures, haha. Kaiana is looking so big, and we just saw her a couple months ago!

Becky said...

Great pictures. I love Kaiana's kool-aid man smile!

sariqd said...

:) So happy that I've got your blog here!